Skip to main content

5 Things I Learnt From Studying Grammar

Hello again, how is everyone? I hope you are all doing fine and healthy. We have been studying grammar for a long time since school started in June and naturally, I learn new things from my teacher, Madam Audrey Koh. Thank you Madam Audrey for sharing your wisdom and being selfless to us, teachers are never appreciated enough so again, a BIG thank you to Madam Audrey and all the other teachers for your hard work. 

 


As I was saying, I have learnt a lot of things from Madam Audrey and other sources, and these are the five things I chose to share with everybody:

1. Blogging



Before I started Form 6, I was expecting a lot of school work. Well, I was not wrong though, there is a lot of school work but what stands out from all of them is MUET. When we were first assigned to create blogs as our assignments, I thought this is a one time thing, apparently it is not. I quickly find myself enjoying making Blogs because it gives me a reason to improve upon my grammar and vocabulary. This is a skill I did not know I needed so thank you Madam Audrey for introducing me to blogging.

2. Verb Tenses


Past tenses and present tenses are not stranger to me nor all of us, we have been learning this since elementary school. Although that is is the case, I still learnt new things or things that I was not sure before. For example, the past tense for learn is learnt instead of learned, at least if we follow the guidelines set by the British. 

3. -ing spelling rules

Basically we learn when to add "-ing" and (first/third) person singular (am/is/are) when appropriate. This is an example; Laura is talking right now. 

4. Conjunction

Have you ever went to a fast food chain and wanted to order more than one dishes? Let us say that you wanted French Fries and Ice Cream, see what I did there? If not then let me show you; between French Fries & Ice Cream I inserted "and", so instead of saying "I want French Fries" following with " I want Ice Cream", we could have just used "and" to make a complete sentence; "I want French Fries and Ice Cream".

5. A complete sentence must include a subject and predicate

unless it is an imperative sentence. So what exactly is an imperative sentence? An imperative sentence gives a command, demands or instructions directly to the audience. Such examples are "Go away!' and "Move out of my way!", just to name a few. 


That is all, I am ending my blog here. I hope that you learnt something new from me or at least knowledge that assisted you. Stay safe and see you soon. Lots of love!







Comments

  1. Wonderful to read this blog. Thank you for validating all the work I gave you and I will surely give you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer.
    Keep it up bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever" - Mahatma Ghandi.
    I am learning so much from you, thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.”― David Bly. Keep up the good work, Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” ― Pelรฉ, Brazillian pro footballer.

    Keep it up and good work, Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success."
    ——Henry ford
    Keep it up , Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same."

    -- Colin R. Davis

    ReplyDelete
  8. .“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” – Nelson Mandela
    Nice blog, Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King, author.
    nice blog good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. “I cant change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination” - Jimmy Dean
    Well done, ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

    ReplyDelete
  12. If u look at what u have in life ,u will always have more.if you look at what u don't have in life ,u will never have enough -oprah winfrey

    Nice sharing well done✨

    ReplyDelete
  13. “Learning is like rowing upstream, not to advance is to drop back.” — Chinese Proverb
    well done sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. “work and you'll get what you need; work harder and you'll get what you want. ” - Prabakaran Thirumalai

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Education is the most powerful weapon to change the world." - Nelson Mandela.
    Great work๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป✨

    ReplyDelete
  16. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. -Walt Disney.
    great job sunny !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. -Thomas A. Edison

    ReplyDelete
  18. there is no excuse for not trying - Barack Obama
    Good blog sunny !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk: Joji - WANTED U

Hello everyone, let's discuss the song "WANTED U" by Joji, it is my favourite song from him. In this blog I will do an analysis and give out my opinion on how the song feels to me. Joji's actual name is George Miller borned half Australian and half Japanese.  [Song Analysis]  The song is played in G Major key and 83 beats per minute, from these informations we can know that the song is playing in the lowest Major key and the beats per minute for this song is considerably slow. The music starts off with a beat sampled from metal chains and an electric guitar melody that will loop throughout the music. When it comes to sampling audio from the world we're living in, Joji is very creative in mixing it into his songs.  The melody is melancholic like most of the other songs he made in the album "Ballads 1". Even though his music always sound depressing, he actually is a funny and upbeat individual in real life.  [How I feel]  Whenever I listen to this music I ...

Hobbies & Passions

 ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ  Hello everyone visiting my blog, my name is Sunny Liew Vun Xu and you can call me Sunny. Below is a self-introduction video I made for my MUET's assignment.๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ So, as you had learnt from the video above, I was a debater for my previous school and also know how to play instruments such as violin, guitar and piano. I had participated in the District Level Interschool Debate competition in year 2017 and 2018. If my memory serves me right the competition was held in SMK Kinarut in 2017 and SMK Pengalat in 2018 (P.S; I apologize if I spelt your school's title incorrectly).       Besides debating, I also enjoy playing musical instruments. I started playing violin since six and self-learnt guitar since twelve. I play them whenever I feel relaxed or inspired, or both. I love playing classical piece with my violin, but I also enjoy playing jazz and metal rock with my electric guitar. My electric guitar is a velvet red Fender Telecaster.       ...

Hopes for MUET

Good day everyone, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Today Madam Audrey had assigned us to read about the test that will be carried out in MUET.  I have read the presentation and the textbook pages that introduce us to how MUET works. From what I have learned, MUET exam is held three times a year estimated at around March, July and November. Let us hope that the pandemic will cease soon so that our schedule do not get delayed any longer.  The exams that will be held are very practical and useful for everyone especially the fact English is one of the most broadly used languages internationally. There will be tests like listening, speaking, reading and writing. These are applicable skills that we will need to survive in the modern era. Communication skills are vital from business to scientific research as we often work in a team.  When we are owning or working for a company, no matter public or private sector, teamwork is the most important element that will determine wh...