Skip to main content

Let's Talk: Joji - WANTED U

Hello everyone, let's discuss the song "WANTED U" by Joji, it is my favourite song from him. In this blog I will do an analysis and give out my opinion on how the song feels to me. Joji's actual name is George Miller borned half Australian and half Japanese. 



[Song Analysis] 


The song is played in G Major key and 83 beats per minute, from these informations we can know that the song is playing in the lowest Major key and the beats per minute for this song is considerably slow. The music starts off with a beat sampled from metal chains and an electric guitar melody that will loop throughout the music. When it comes to sampling audio from the world we're living in, Joji is very creative in mixing it into his songs. 

The melody is melancholic like most of the other songs he made in the album "Ballads 1". Even though his music always sound depressing, he actually is a funny and upbeat individual in real life. 


[How I feel] 

Whenever I listen to this music I always feel loneliness, other's experience may vary, I love adding this track to my playlist while going out on a jog. Jogging is my "alone time" so whenever this song is played I felt really immersed and ended up enjoying the run. 

To add to this, in my personal experience, jogging with depressing music in your ears is really effective in distracting yourself from being tired. Do be alert with your surroundings though because where I run have considerably little amount of vehicles passing by. 

[Conclusion] 

All in all, I highly recommend this song to everyone. Listen it with open hearts and appreciate the passion poured into his song. 

*Additionally I would also recommend "Freaks - Surf Curse", it's also a favourite of mine!*


How do you feel after listening to the song? 

Are you a Joji fan too? 

What music do you enjoy? 

Let me know in the comments! 


Comments

  1. Not a Joji fan.. haha.. but nice to learn about your interests. Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked the song........hope to see more from you...tc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a fan of joji. Besides, I listen to all kind of music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a fan of Joji , but I do listen to his songs sometimes. Great work btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of joji but I like the song. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very rare tht someone still have an interest with classical song😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im not a Joni fan but I enjoy listening to the songs that you shared because I like all genre of music. Good jobπŸ‘πŸ’₯.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a fan of Joji but I like the melody of this song! Well done!(>▽<)οΎ‰

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your songs recommendation sunny ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. not a Joji fan, but sometimes will listen the same type of song ~πŸ˜†

    ReplyDelete
  11. Half a joji fan but issa good song

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice blog!!
    BroπŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's my first time to listen this song , the song make me so calm

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got to be honest here, I was never a fan of joji's works but it's actually quite nice after I giving a listen to this song without any prejudice. This song is definitely not my cup of tea yet I enjoyed listening to it until the end. As for mine, music has been my source of happiness since forever so choosing what kind of song to stick to is definitely not it but all I can tell is I like type of music that strangely I can relate to. Funny right? I guess I am that desperate for validation. Well my opinion aside, overall I really like how you describe your feelings about this song. That shows how much you appreciate the artist's works. What a great blog of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not a fan of Joji but the song is quite interesting for me.
    btw nice song...πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hobbies & Passions

 πŸΈπŸΈ  Hello everyone visiting my blog, my name is Sunny Liew Vun Xu and you can call me Sunny. Below is a self-introduction video I made for my MUET's assignment.🐸🐸 So, as you had learnt from the video above, I was a debater for my previous school and also know how to play instruments such as violin, guitar and piano. I had participated in the District Level Interschool Debate competition in year 2017 and 2018. If my memory serves me right the competition was held in SMK Kinarut in 2017 and SMK Pengalat in 2018 (P.S; I apologize if I spelt your school's title incorrectly).       Besides debating, I also enjoy playing musical instruments. I started playing violin since six and self-learnt guitar since twelve. I play them whenever I feel relaxed or inspired, or both. I love playing classical piece with my violin, but I also enjoy playing jazz and metal rock with my electric guitar. My electric guitar is a velvet red Fender Telecaster.       ...

Hopes for MUET

Good day everyone, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Today Madam Audrey had assigned us to read about the test that will be carried out in MUET.  I have read the presentation and the textbook pages that introduce us to how MUET works. From what I have learned, MUET exam is held three times a year estimated at around March, July and November. Let us hope that the pandemic will cease soon so that our schedule do not get delayed any longer.  The exams that will be held are very practical and useful for everyone especially the fact English is one of the most broadly used languages internationally. There will be tests like listening, speaking, reading and writing. These are applicable skills that we will need to survive in the modern era. Communication skills are vital from business to scientific research as we often work in a team.  When we are owning or working for a company, no matter public or private sector, teamwork is the most important element that will determine wh...