Skip to main content

War Never Changes

 Hello everyone, today I am assigned with an assignment requiring me to choose three pictures. I had chosen these three pictures: 

  (This is a picture of a girl in bandages combined with the painting "Girl in a Pearl Earing" by Johannes Vermeer.)

                                                             

(This one is a picture of a girl in a Wonder Woman costume combined with another picture of a girl with blood tainted on her clothing.)
(This picture is a father holding his badly wounded kid combined with another picture of a child sleeping soundly on a bed.)



An average person will see the similarities of these pictures straight away. Both these pictures have wounded children and are compared to other pictures or art piece. The theme here is obviously about war and its devastating impacts on humans, specifically on children. 

"A picture is worth a thousand words"

The saying above is even more true after viewing these disturbing images. You can see the struggle and pain from the people that are under a war that they're not fighting. War take away lives, and there is nothing the innocent people can do, but to sit there and wait for death to knock on their doors. 

In early of 2021, there were once again a war between Palestine and Israel. The civilians suffered the most, people get evicted from their own home without any reason, dying and injured from the constant bombing. Sure, the weapon technology has advanced, but at what cost? "As a result of the violence, at least 256 Palestinians, including 66 children, have been killed. In Israel, at least 13 people have been killed, including two children. The Gaza Ministry of Health reported that more than 1,900 Palestinians were injured, and as of 12 May, Israel reported at least 200 injured Israelis.", these statistics are taken from Wikipedia, and statistics do not lie.


I am happy to be well and alive, my hardship is like day and night compared to them, and that is a sad statement. "Si vis pacem, para bellum" is a Latin adage translated as "if you want peace, prepare for war". We will never live in peace realistically saying, but we can be ignorant on other's negative remarks. It is better to bury the hatchet and move on, it will make everyone's life easier and happier.

That is pretty much it, I hope everyone of you stay safe and healthy. Thank you for reading and I'll see you very soon.

Comments

  1. Interesting blog! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this blog open up my eyes! worth to read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm gla you feel that way! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. I really like your work, great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Battles are fought differently,but the effects are the same.Good job brotha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worth to read. Full of Information! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow full of information kepp it up🔥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its great when someone have to mention about palestinians life..good job👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're always so quick! Great work , Sunny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job 👍🏻 keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very humane ,great job friend🔥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...Full of information...good research 🔥🔥👍

    ReplyDelete
  14. so true :( great work well done !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The information was really clear. Nicely done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "sit there and wait for death to knock on their doors" omg this one so sad😩

    ReplyDelete
  17. Impressive !! Full of information

    ReplyDelete
  18. Unbelievable ✨ good information

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tq for your hard work to this assignment. It's very be taught me about life.its very work to me💜💜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk: Joji - WANTED U

Hello everyone, let's discuss the song "WANTED U" by Joji, it is my favourite song from him. In this blog I will do an analysis and give out my opinion on how the song feels to me. Joji's actual name is George Miller borned half Australian and half Japanese.  [Song Analysis]  The song is played in G Major key and 83 beats per minute, from these informations we can know that the song is playing in the lowest Major key and the beats per minute for this song is considerably slow. The music starts off with a beat sampled from metal chains and an electric guitar melody that will loop throughout the music. When it comes to sampling audio from the world we're living in, Joji is very creative in mixing it into his songs.  The melody is melancholic like most of the other songs he made in the album "Ballads 1". Even though his music always sound depressing, he actually is a funny and upbeat individual in real life.  [How I feel]  Whenever I listen to this music I ...

Hobbies & Passions

 🐸🐸  Hello everyone visiting my blog, my name is Sunny Liew Vun Xu and you can call me Sunny. Below is a self-introduction video I made for my MUET's assignment.🐸🐸 So, as you had learnt from the video above, I was a debater for my previous school and also know how to play instruments such as violin, guitar and piano. I had participated in the District Level Interschool Debate competition in year 2017 and 2018. If my memory serves me right the competition was held in SMK Kinarut in 2017 and SMK Pengalat in 2018 (P.S; I apologize if I spelt your school's title incorrectly).       Besides debating, I also enjoy playing musical instruments. I started playing violin since six and self-learnt guitar since twelve. I play them whenever I feel relaxed or inspired, or both. I love playing classical piece with my violin, but I also enjoy playing jazz and metal rock with my electric guitar. My electric guitar is a velvet red Fender Telecaster.       ...

Hopes for MUET

Good day everyone, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Today Madam Audrey had assigned us to read about the test that will be carried out in MUET.  I have read the presentation and the textbook pages that introduce us to how MUET works. From what I have learned, MUET exam is held three times a year estimated at around March, July and November. Let us hope that the pandemic will cease soon so that our schedule do not get delayed any longer.  The exams that will be held are very practical and useful for everyone especially the fact English is one of the most broadly used languages internationally. There will be tests like listening, speaking, reading and writing. These are applicable skills that we will need to survive in the modern era. Communication skills are vital from business to scientific research as we often work in a team.  When we are owning or working for a company, no matter public or private sector, teamwork is the most important element that will determine wh...